Enjoy and get an idea about the best countries for Solo Traveling! Solo traveling means you are going on a trip or journey alone. It is a top travel trend nowadays and here you can explore the best countries for solo travelers. Solo traveling is super amazing that you can enjoy the nature alone and it’s your freedom. Sometimes solo traveling is risky and it depends on your personality, destination you have selected, climates, etc. But nature doesn’t allow you to be alone. this is not only for boys but also for girls. You can get lots of knowledge and experience as a solo traveler.
When you are selecting a travel destination or country for solo traveling you have to consider lots of things because you can’t travel alone everywhere. So, here are the best countries for solo traveling.
01. New Zealand
New Zealand is a beautiful island country in the Pacific ocean near to Australia and it is a collection of two main islands and 600 other small islands. Especially New Zealand is the second safest country in the world and this is one of the best countries for solo traveling. This ideal and safe place for solo traveling for boys as well as girls. This is a well-developed country with beautiful modern cities, national parks, waterfalls, sandy beaches and lots of things.
People in New Zealand are very friendly and helpful, you can ask about anyplace or anything they will help you. You can rent a car or motor-home to travel or else can use public transport and it depends on your budget. There are lots of start class hotels all around the islands and if you want a place for a cheap price you can find a hostel or capsule hotel to spend your night. Also, there are lots of campsites that you can have an amazing experience in your life.
There are lots of places to visit in New Zealand for a solo traveler and below I have mentioned few best places you can visit in New Zealand journey,
- Auckland – This is the major city in New Zealand surrounded by two large harbors. Mount Eden and One Tree Hill are few of the famous places in here and also Auckland is known as the ‘City of Sails’.
- Wellington – This is the Capital of New Zealand and also known to be the Culinary Capital of New Zealand. There are lots of world-famous restaurants, cafes, bars & pubs and this is an ideal place to spend an enjoyable night.
- South Island – South Island in New Zealand is famous for Lakes, National Parks, Mountains, and Glaciers. Queenstown, Christchurch, Milford Sound, Wanaka are few places to visit in South Island.
- North Island – North Island of New Zealand is famous for its volcanic activities, national parks, and modern cities.
The Philippines is an Asian country located in the western pacific ocean. One of the popular tourist destinations in the world and this is a collection of 7641 islands making it one of the largest archipelagos in the world. There are lots of attractions like golden sandy beaches, mountains, villages, markets, etc.
This is one of the best countries for solo traveling and also people are in the Philippines are great in hospitality for all male and female solo travelers. There is lots of shopping centers, restaurants, cafe to enjoy your trip. If you are a budget traveler you can find capsules hotels, hostels easily, or else you can spend a night in a start class luxury hotel. You can rent a motorbike, boat or SUV to travel all around. Here are the few best things to do in the Philippines for solo travelers.
- Manila – This is the capital of the Philippines which is a mix of Spanish colonial structure with modern developed buildings. There are lots of hotels and dining restaurants that can buy anything for a reasonable price. Manila is better to place for shopping because there lots of markets and a few world’s largest shopping malls.
- Palawan Island – This is the largest island in the Western Philippines and home to the best beaches in the Philippines. Charming fishing villages, lagoon, and small island collection show the best of nature.
- Boracay Adventure – Boracay is one of the popular destinations in the Philippines. This is an ideal place for adventure watersports. Also, there are lots of famous beach resorts around the island.
- Diving in the Philippines – the Philippines famous as one of the best places to scuba dive in the world. There are lots of Natural Coral reef parks, sunken ships, and UNESCO heritage sites that you take an amazing diving experience. So, the Philippines is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
- Wildlife – Philippine wildlife is the best thing to do for solo travelers. There are many hiking and riding trails across the mountains. Also, you can have ATV rides in the mountains and will be a great experience for your life.
03. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a beautiful Asian country which is one of the best countries for solo traveling. Especially Sri Lankan culture is predominately Buddhist, So the hospitality of Sri Lankan people are great and also safe for women solo travelers. There are lots of golden sandy beaches, wildlife, cultural villages, and other amazing places that can visit. Don’t forget to taste the unique amazing Sri Lanka Food.
You can rent any kind of vehicle for here to cheap prices like Motorbike, Tuk-Tuk, Car, etc to explore the country. There are lots of city hotels, beach resorts, forest lodges, and villas to stay in or you can stay in a hostel or in a homestay also. Let’s see a few best places to visit in Sri Lanka.
- Sigiriya – Sigiriya rock is known to be the eighth wonder of the world and one of the best places for Solo traveling in Sri Lanka. Also, don’t forget to visit Sigiriya village and taste traditional food plates, take an elephant tour, and also a hot air balloon ride. It will be a great experience for your entire life.
- Kandy – This is an amazing city surround by mountain ranges located in the mid of the country. You should definitely visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy. Also, don’t forget to visit shopping malls in the city and walk around the lake freely.
- South Coat – Southern coastal belt known as the ‘down south’ is the best place with golden sandy beaches with palm trees. Surfing, diving, whale watching, snorkeling are few things to do on the Southern coast. There many restaurants, bars and Pubs all around the beaches. Also, don’t forget to taste a seafood plate and participate in DJ or beach party.
- Ella – The best thing you should do in Sri Lanka. Take a train journey from Colombo to Ella. It is one of the best train journeys in the world. Ella is an amazing place for adventure travelers. There are lots of things to do in Ella like, hiking, bathing from a waterfall. ATV riding like many things. This is why Sri Lanka selected as one of the best countries for traveling.
- Negombo – Negombo is a major city in Sri Lanka with a beautiful large lagoon and a sand beach. This is the best place to end your journey because this is the closest city to the Airport. There lots of Hotels and restaurants All around the city. You can take a boat ride in the lagoon to visit birds and monkeys and also best in the evening or morning.
Canada is a modern world country located in Northern USA region and also this is the second largest country in the world. This is one of the best countries for Solo traveling in summer as well as in winter. This is a fantastic destination you can explore lots of things and in winter season you can do winter sports as well.
There are uncountable start class hotels all around the country to stay, if you can travel in a budget you can find any hostels or capsule hotels easily. Here, you can rent a car or 4×4 vehicle for travel, or else can travel using public transportation. Public transportation is well developed in Canada and you can go anywhere for a cheap price. Here are the few best destinations you can travel alone in Canada.
- Vancouver, British Columbia – Vancouver is the best city to explore alone. Public transportation is excellent and there is one of the world’s largest automated train systems. There are lots of things to do here like, explore the city, take a hike on national parks, do winter sports in the winter season, etc.
- Toronto, Ontario – Toronto is the best city in Canada. This is one of the safest and most diverse cities in the world. CN Tower and Niagara Falls are the top attractions in the city. Underground shopping malls, downtown train systems, subway trains give an amazing experience. There are uncountable things to do in Toronto; So, Canada is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
- Ottawa, Ontario – Ottawa is the capital of Canada and one of the best city explore on foot. Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, and ByWard Market are a few attractions you should visit. Also, there are lots of hotels and hostels at reasonable prices to spend a night.
- Banff, Alberta – Banff is an amazing famous tourist spot in Canada. Banff national park is Canada’s best national park. The Canadian Rockies & Lake Luise will give you an amazing view. Lake Luise is must visit place in Banff cause it shows the best of Canada. You can easily visit here by public transport or you can rent a vehicle.
- Edmonton, Alberta – Edmonton beautiful city in Alberta Province which is the best for travel alone. West Edmonton Mall is the largest shopping mall in North America that you can do shopping for the whole day. There are museums, water parks, Sea Life Caverns aquarium, and lots of things to visit. So, Canada is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
Iceland is a beautiful island which is a famous tourist destination. The total population is around 400,000 and most of them live in Capital city, Reykjavik. Iceland is known to be the “The Land of Fire and Ice” because of these homes to the largest glaciers in Europe and some of the world’s most active volcanoes. Also famous as the land of light and darkness. Especially Iceland is the safest country in the world; So, this is an almost a safe country for both male and female solo travelers.
There is a lot of tourists attraction that you can enjoy well. You can easily find a hotel or hostel to stay in. Here are few best things to do in Iceland.
- The Blue Lagoon – The Blue Lagoon is one of the top attractions in Iceland and also it is a geothermal spa in southwestern Iceland. Spending 2 hours in this pool will be an amazing experience for your life. Also, It is safe for Solo Travelers.
- Golden Circle Route – Golden Circle tour is a huge collection of three unique attractions in Iceland. It includes magnificent sights of Gullfoss, Geysir, and Thingvellir. These are the few best attractions in Iceland you must visit.
- Vatnajokull National Park – Vatnajokull National Park is one of the three national parks in Iceland which home to the largest glacier in Europe. Svartifoss and Dettifosis waterfalls are also top attractions in this national park and also there are lots of visitor centers, campgrounds, hiking trails around the national parks.
- Jokulsarlon – Jokulsarlon is a Glacier Lagoon and also bordering vatnajökull National Park in southeastern Iceland. This is an extremely cool place and this iceberg-dotted lake formed by the melting ice of the Breidamerkurjokull glacier. Due to these top attractions, Iceland is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
- Reykjavik – Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland and also the largest city in Iceland. This is the only capital city that homes to a puffin colony and this can be known as the safest city in the world. There are lots of shops, hotels, bars, and restaurants that you can enjoy well.
Austria is a stunning country in Europe and one of the best countries for solo traveling. Also, Austria is the third safest country in the world. Especially Austria gives birth to classical music composers such as Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, and Schubert. Also there world’s famous castle-like Festung Hohensalzburg, Burg Hohenwerfen, Castle Liechtenstein, etc.
As this is the third safest country in the world, Austria is one best country for traveling for both male and female solo travelers. Their lots of best things to do around the country alone but, nature will not allow you to be alone. It’s very easy to find a hotel or hostel to spend your vacation. Here are few best places to visit in Austria.
- Vienna – Vienna is the capital of Austria and also this is the world-famous city that gives birth to classical music composers such as Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, and Schubert. There are many museums, cafes, restaurant and lots of things to enjoy there
- Salzburg – Salzburg is a beautiful charm city surrounded by green parks, historic buildings. If you are visiting Austria at the Salzburg Festival season you can enjoy a series of opera, concerts and theatre performances. Also, Salzburg located on the border of Germany with the view of the Eastern Alps.
- Bad Gastein – Bad Gastein is famous as the Austrian Spa and also a ski town with high snow mountains. This is an ideal city to relax during your vacation. There are lots of hotels, villas, and hostels around the city for reasonable prices.
- Innsbruck – Innsbruck is the fifth largest city in Austria and one of the best cities for winter sports. It hosted the Winter Olympics, Paralympics, and also youth winter Olympics. Also, Innsbruck is famous for its Imperial and modern architecture. This is the best place to visit in Austria who love winter sports and snow.
- Salzkammergut – Salzkammergut is a region with lakes and Alpine ranges near Salzburg. This is kind of a romantic city which gives lots of lovely views of lakes and alps. Also, there are lots of resorts that facing lakes and mountain views. Because of this safety and beautiful nature, Austria is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
07. United States
The United States is a large country with 50 states and you need months and months to explore the US attractions. There are modern cities, mountains, lakes, deserts, beaches, national parks and lots of uncountable attractions. So, this is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
As a solo traveler, there are lots of attractions you can visit without any risk. And finding a place to stay is very easy and very cheap. There are lots of Capsule hotels, hostels, and also start class hotels for reasonable prices. Also, it is very complicated to plan a place to start the trip. Here are the few best places to visit in the USA,
- New York City -New York City is a perfect start for a solo trip. It is the best city in the US and one of the first-class modern cities in the world. Also, the New York harbor is the Largest Natural Harbor in the world. You must walk in the streets at night and it will be an amazing experience for your life.
- Grand Canyon – This is one of the top tourist attractions in the USA which attracts millions of travelers each year. This is a national park located in the Arizona state. You can take a wide view of the Canyon and the Colorado River from the Lipan Point.
- Washington DC – Washington DC is the capital of the US and home to a few popular landmarks of the US. World-famous white house, US Capitol, Lincoln Memorial are the few best attractions in Washington as well as in the world.
- San Francisco – San Francisco is a hot spot for solo travelers and one of the best places to visit in the USA. Golden Gate Bridge is the top attraction in the city and also cable cars, the former Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, cool summers, fog, steep rolling hills, eclectic mix of architecture are few other attractions the city.
- Los Angeles – Los Angeles is the second-largest city in the USA with lots of attractions. Especially Los Angeles is known as the “Entertainment Capital of the World” which home to the world’s first Disneyland. So, the USA is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
Switzerland is a mountainous country in Central Europe with lots of lakes, villages, and mountain peaks full covers with snow. This is one of the best countries for solo traveling and also of the best livable cities in the world. People in Switzerland are great in hospitality and friendly. So, this is the best country for both male and female solo travelers.
There are lots of attraction you can enjoy in Switzerland and there are lots of winter activities you can enjoy. It is very easy to find a hotel or hostel to stay for reasonable prices. Here are the few best places to visit in Switzerland.
- Zurich – Zurich is the largest city and one of the major cities in Switzerland. If you wanna shopping Zurich is the ideal city high-end shopping, fancy chocolates and also famous for luxurious lifestyles. Rhine Falls is one of the best attractions in Zurich and Renting a motorbike ideal for exploring Zurich.
- Bern – Bern is the capital of Switzerland with lots of tourist attractions. There are lots of churches, museums and also home to the tallest cathedral in Switzerland.
- lake Geneva – This is one of the largest lakes in Europe and also Europe’s largest Alpine lake. There are lots of resorts and hotels around the lake that you can spend a superb vacation. Also an ideal place for skiing and hiking in both mountain ranges.
- Interlaken – Interlaken is a traditional resort town located in the mountainous Bernese Oberland region. Especially Interlakes is famous for the one of oldest and most popular summer holiday resorts in Switzerland.
- Lugano – Lugano is the Italian speaking city in Switzerland and one of the best places for solo traveling. Its film festivals are popular all around the country and also home to a large number of Swiss heritage sites. So, Switzerland is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
Japan is a world-famous tourist destination because of its unique culture, foods, hospitality, Language, etc. Also, Japan is one of the world’s most advanced industrialized nations. Japan is one of the safest countries in the world; So, Both male and female solo travelers can travel freely.
There are more than a dozen attractions to visit and you can easily find a hotel or hostel to stay in. Also, don’t forget to taste Japanese traditional foods and drinks. Here are the few best places to visit in Japan
- Tokyo – Tokyo is the capital of Japan and one of the busiest cities in the world. If you are shopping, this is the ideal place for it. There are lots of hotels, bars, pubs, clubs that you can enjoy well.
- Mount Fuji – Mount Fuji is a world-famous active volcano and a symbol of Japan. Also it the highest mountain peak in Japan and it is a UNESCO world heritage site from 2013. Think about your safety if you can hiking in the mountain.
- Hiroshima – Hiroshima became a world-famous city after the World war. It is the first city in the world faced by the Atomic bomb. Now it is a modern world city rebuild with new technologies. There are lots of attractions you must see including Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
- Kyoto – Kyoto was the capital of Japan located in the Honshu Island home to lots of classical Buddhist temples, and gardens. Also, don’t forget to taste the Japanese cuisines and stay in traditional wooden houses.
Australia is the largest island in the world and one of the world’s most highly urbanized countries. There are uncountable attractions all around the country and this is one of the best countries for solo traveling.
You can find a hotel, hostel, or a capsule hotel easily, and especially Australia is safe for both make and female solo travelers. Here are the few best places you must visit in Australia and also remember to plan the trip well without missing anything you like.
- Sydney -This is one of the largest cities in Australia and most famous for the Sydney Opera House. Also Sydney Harbor Bridge, Sydney Mardi Gras, Royal Botanical Gardens, Luna Park, the beaches, and also Sydney Tower a few other attractions in Sydney.
- Melbourne – This is the second most populous and largest city in Australia with lots of attractions. Also, Melbourne is famous for its music and also know as the cultural capital of Australia. There are lots of things to do here like theaters, restaurants, shops. Melbourne recorded as one of the best livable cities in the world.
- Great Barrier Reef – Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world. This is an ideal place for Scuba diving and Snorkeling. Taking a boat around the reef and there are lots of things to do around the Great Barrier Reef.
- Perth – Perth city is most famous for being the most isolated city in the world and also one of the most livable cities in the world. There lots of things to do in this city and there are lots of restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs you can enjoy well.
- Brisbane – Brisbane is the capital of Queensland State and also one of the music capitals of the world. There are lots of entertainment shows going on and also there are lots of clubs, restaurants, and pubs also.